Please note that Satellite applications are now closed
. If you have applied for a Satellite and your application was approved, you will hear back from the Exhibition and Satellites department regarding the day and time of your event by the end of May. Should you have any queries, please contact .
Satellite meetings take place in the conference centre but are fully organized and coordinated by the organization hosting the satellite (private company, government agency, institution or NGO). Conference organizers make satellite slots available for a fee, which is based on the room capacity and the time slot, and will allocate slots according to availability on the conference programme. The contents and speakers of the satellite meetings will be reviewed to ensure that they meet the scientific and ethical principles of the conference.
Criteria for approval include the following:
- Satellites should reflect and/or support the vision and goals of the conference.
- Satellites should address HIV and AIDS, co-infections or issues faced by individuals or organizations affected by or responding to the AIDS epidemic.
- The satellite programme should reflect conference policies and goals of diversity and inclusion.
to see the programme-at-a-glance and the different satellites time slots.
See the AIDS 2012 list of satellite sessions
All satellite slots run for either 90 or 120 minutes, and rooms are equipped with all the standard equipment required to run a meeting.
Please note that:
- 90-minute satellite sessions will only take place in the mornings (07:00-08:30), from Monday 23 July to Thursday 26 July 2012.
- 120-minute satellite sessions will take place all day on Sunday 22 July, and in the evenings (18:30-20:30) from Monday 23 July to Thursday 26 July 2012.
Applying for a fee waiver
A limited number of fee waivers is available for satellite meetings. Please download this form
and sent it back to .
1 December 2011
Satellites applications open
16 April 2012
Satellites applications close